Chocolate Mousse with Pecan Crumble
Recipe by: Adriana Yepez
2 RXBAR Pecan Protein Bars
1 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight then drained*
6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut cream (if using unsweetened, add 1-3 tbsp maple syrup to taste)
2 oz. Baker's unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 Pecan RXBARs, diced into pieces
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and toasted
Shaved chocolate for garnish
*If you want to prepare this the day of, you can let the cashews soak in very hot water for an hour.
1. Put cashews, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut cream, and melted Baker's chocolate into a high powered blender and mix until mixture is as smooth as possible.
2. Divide half of the mixture among three 8 oz glasses to form the first layer of the mousse.
3. Sprinkle half of the diced pecan RXBARs and chopped pecans on top of the first layer to create a layer of crumble.
4. Pour the remaining mixture on top of the crumble layer.
5. Top the mousse with the remaining RXBARs and chopped pecans, and garnish with shaved chocolate.
6. Allow the mousse to sit in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
Note: If you have a piping bag and piping tips available, the mousse can sit in the fridge overnight to chill, then be transferred to a piping bag and piped into serving glasses. Assemble with the crumble and garnish upon serving.