Strawberry Shortcake Bonbons
Have a decadent little snack with these bonbons reminiscent of a creamy strawberry shortcake but in a bite-size and protein-rich form!
- 2/3 cup chopped white chocolate
- 2 RXBAR® Strawberry Bars, each cut into six 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp crumbled shortbread cookie
- 1 tbsp crushed freeze-dried strawberry
1. Into small heatproof bowl fitted over small saucepan of barely simmering water, add white chocolate; stir until melted and smooth. (Alternatively, add white chocolate to microwave-safe bowl and microwave on MEDIUM, stirring every 30 seconds, for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth.)
2. Use skewer or toothpicks to coat each RXBAR® piece in melted white chocolate, letting excess drip back into bowl. Arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
3. Garnish tops of bonbons with crumbled cookie and crushed freeze-dried strawberry. Chill in refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes or until chocolate has set.
Tips: For variation, try using dark or milk chocolate instead of white chocolate, and garnish with your favorite toppings like chopped nuts and dried fruit.
Store any leftover bonbons in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 or 3 days.