Chocolate Pecan Protein Turtles
Skip the boxed chocolates — these homemade snacks are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and are packed with protein to keep you feeling full throughout the day. A wrapped bundle of these “turtles” makes a healthy and thoughtful holiday hosting gift.
- 3 RXBAR® Pecan Flavor Protein Bars
- 48 whole pecans
- 1 1/2 cups melted dark chocolate
- Flaky salt, for garnish
1. Cut each RXBAR® Pecan Flavor Protein Bar into 4 even pieces. Roll each piece to make 12 even balls, then flatten each into a disc.
2. Arrange balls on wire rack fitted over parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Affix 4 pecans underneath each disc to create turtle “legs.” Spoon chocolate evenly over turtles until evenly coated, letting excess drip off.
3. Sprinkle flaky salt evenly over each turtle. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes or until chocolate has fully set.
Tip: Once prepared, chocolate turtles can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.