By Shelby Barnes (@shelby_barnes)
Looking for a way to recharge your mind & body? Well, let’s chat about #RXercise. But we’re not just talking about workouts. Did you know that RXercise is much more than just fitness? Not only can you RXercise Your Fitness, but you can now also RXercise Your Mind and RXercise Your Nutrition with RXBAR to help you focus on all aspects of mind and body wellness.
If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that we need to sit back and focus on what really matters. You need to remember to RXercise Your Mind. Here are some Self Care tips for the next time you’re needing to refuel and refresh.
9 Simple Self-Care Tips:
- Journaling: Set aside some time each week to write your goals, dreams & reflect on what you're thankful for.
- Going for a Walk: There is just something about fresh air that is good for the soul. Take some time to just get outdoors and get your body moving. The best morning walks are always accompanied by a tall cup of coffee and a protein packed RXBAR.
- Exercise: Always remember to take care of your body. RXBAR has a library of RXercise Fitness content to get your heart rate pumping! Feel free to browse RXBAR’s IGTV on Instagram, pick your favorite class and get moving!
- Get Creative: Sometimes you just need to express yourself. Whether it’s taking photos, painting, drawing, acting, singing or other activities—go create! It’s a great way to express feelings you can’t put into words.
- Dance to Your Favorite Song: Do you have a favorite song you like to jam out to? Well, turn it on and get to grooving. You can also jam out to RXBAR’s latest Spotify playlist! Dancing is a great way to get your mind and body moving.
- Meditate: With one quick internet search, there are a variety of apps that you can use for meditation. They offer daily programs with specific instructions and information based on how you're feeling. Looking to meditate right now? Check out RXBAR’s “No Sunday Scaries” 15 minute mediation on IGTV.
- Watch Your Favorite Movie: Cuddle up with a good blanket and re-watch your favorite movie or tv show. You deserve to put your feet up and just relax.
- Call a Friend: 2020 was a hard year if you like to be around other people. However, you can still have human connection – even while social distancing. You can call or video chat! You can even just send a text to let them know you’re thinking of them. It’s important to keep up with that genuine human connection.
- Spa day: When you think of self-care, a spa day comes to mind, right? Take a nice warm bath, throw on a face mask and read a good book. This provides a great way for you to rejuvenate and refresh.
It's so important to remember to just rest sometimes. Everyone moves and grooves at their own pace. Regardless of if you've accomplished a ton or just taken time to take care of yourself-- you've done an amazing job.