1. In a large bowl mash the peeled bananas until you have a semi-smooth consistency.
2. Add RX Nut Butter and continue to blend the mixture until the almond butter is fully incorporated. Add milk chocolate morsels and vanilla extract and fold together.
3. Once all ingredients are fully incorporated, place filling in the freezer for at least one hour. Allow filling 15 minutes at room temperature to temper before filling the empanadas.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. On a lightly floured surface lay out puff pastry sheets and allow to come to room temperature. Once the dough is tempered use a 3 in circle cutter to punch out empanada circles.
6. Lay all of your circles out on a lightly floured surface and using a standard egg wash, lightly brush 1 half of the circle cut dough on the outer edge where you’ll seal one side to the other.
7. Place 1 1/2 tbsp. of the filling on each circle and fold the dough in half over the filling. Press lightly to seal the dough into a pouch.
8. One at a time take each pouch in one hand with the flat side closest to your palm. Using your other hand, starting at one side, make one small fold toward the center pressing lightly. Repeat this step around the half-circle until the entire pouch has a series of folds that make the perfect empanada after baking.
9. On a non-stick sheet tray place each empanada with space in between and brush lightly with standard egg wash. Bake for 10-12 minutes (depending on oven) or until golden brown
1. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Using a spatula, fold the ingredients together until the frosting is partially blended.
2. Using a whisk, stir the frosting mixture until blended and smooth.
3. Either serve immediately or refrigerate and bring to room temperature before drizzling over empanadas.