1. In a medium pan, heat the oil over high heat, sauté and caramelize the onions stirring occasionally.
2. Once the onions are fully caramelized, add garlic, thyme and paprika and stir continuously for 30 seconds to one minute to toast the spices.
3. Pour the wine into the pan to deglaze it. It should pop and sizzle as the wine is added. Stir and scrape the bottom gently to release the caramelized bits that get stuck to the bottom of the pot.
4. Reduce the heat to medium until the wine comes up to a boil. Reduce heat again to a simmer until the wine fully reduces (or evaporates).
5. Prepare your pasta as directed. Butternut squash ravioli pairs well with this sauce but any pasta will do.
6. Once the pot is free from the liquid in the wine, add all of the chicken stock and continue to simmer to reduce the liquid in the pot by about half.
7. Once the stock has reduced, turn off the heat and strain the solids (onions and seasonings) out and place the liquid sauce back into the pot.
8. Add the RX Nut Butter into the pot and whisk together. Start slowly so you don’t splash. The almond butter will thicken the sauce.
9. Pour the sauce over the cooked and strained pasta.