Homemade Pie Crush
1. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, and salt and mix well.
2. Cut butter into pieces and mix very well into the dry ingredients. Pinch the butter pieces in between your fingers to break them apart into small clumps and coat well. You can also do this slowly in a food processor.
3. In a small bowl, mix vodka and ice water together. Drizzle into the crust mixture and mix everything together. The crust mixture should hold together in your hand when you clump it together, if not, add a bit more ice water.
4. Place the dough on a sheet of plastic wrap or a pastry mat if you have one. Knead a few times to help it come together and flatten into a 1-inch disk. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30-60 mins. You can also leave it overnight.
5. Once the crust has chilled, remove from the fridge and let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to warm up.
6. Spread some flour out on your work surface and roll out the pie crust to be about ¼ of an inch in thickness.
7. Transfer the crust to a greased pie dish.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add sour cream, sugar, flour, vanilla, salt, and egg andwhisk well. Add sliced apples and stir until coated.
3. Transfer the apple filling into the pie crust.
1. In a small bowl, mix together oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
2. In a another small bowl, add peanut butter and butter and microwave in 30 second increments until the butter is melted and mixture is creamy.
3. Add peanut butter mixture to the bowl of oats and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle the peanut butter crumble over the top of the apples.
4. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and apples are soft.
5. Let cool completely (about 1 hour).
6. Drizzle additional RXBAR Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter over the top and serve.