Almond Butter Cups
1/2 cup RX Nut Butter Vanilla Almond Butter
1 1/4 (10oz) chocolate
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp. matcha powder (optional) *see recipe notes
1/2 tbsp. unsweetened coconut, shredded (optional) *see recipe notes
1/2 cacao nibs (optional) *see recipe notes
1. Line a muffin tin with 12 silicone liners.
2. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until chocolate is glossy and smooth. Add in melted coconut oil and salt. Stir until fully incorporated.
3. Spoon 1-2 tsp. of the melted chocolate mixture into the bottom of each muffin liner, saving the other half of the mixture for the top layer. Place tin in freezer for about 5 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
4. Remove tin from freezer and spoon 1/2 tbsp. of RX Nut Butter into each cup. Evenly spread the RX Nut Butter over the chocolate layer. Place tin in freezer for another 5 minutes, or until RX Nut Butter is cooled.
5. Remove tin from freezer and spoon 1-2 tsp. of the remaining chocolate mixture over the RX Nut Butter layer. Place back in freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden.
6. Remove finished RX Nut Butter cups from liners. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for an even longer shelf life.
1. For matcha almond butter cups:
Mix 1/4 tsp. matcha powder with 1/2 tbsp. RX Nut Butter for each cup.
2. For crunchy almond butter cups:
Mix 1/2 tbsp. shredded coconut and 1/2 tbsp. cacao nibs in the top layer of chocolate for each cup.