Stuffed French Toast
By: Stano Lio
- 2/3 cup RX Nut Butter Vanilla Almond Butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 4 thick slices brioche
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar
- Strawberries, sliced (optional)
1. Make the almond butter filling: Using a mixer, mix together the cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar, RX Nut Butter, heavy cream and salt and mix again until smooth. Place in a piping bag and set aside.
2. Cut a 2” wide slit into the bottom of each slice of brioche to create a deep pocket. Fill each pocket with the almond butter mixture.
3. In a dish, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla until combined. Dip bread until fully soaked.
4. In a large nonstick pan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Cook the French toast until golden brown.
5. Place cinnamon sugar on a large plate and coat the cooked French toast in cinnamon sugar. Serve topped with strawberries.