Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter Semifreddo
By: Anna Posey @nna_posey
- 1 jar + 1/4 cup RX Nut Butter Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 9 egg yolks
- 3 1/2 sheets gelatin, bloomed in ice water
- 3 cups cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla bean
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Angostura bitters
1. Whip cream to medium-soft peaks, set aside in the refrigerator.
2. Bring milk, half of the sugar, honey and salt to a simmer. Meanwhile, have the yolks and remaining sugar in a separate bowl.
3. When the milk mixture comes to a simmer, remove from heat. Slowly whisk in a little of the hot milk mixture into the yolk mixture. Keep whisking in more of the hot milk in the pot.
4. Cook the custard on low heat while stirring constantly with a spatula. Bring the custard to 182 degrees F. Take off the heat, add the RX Nut Butter and gelatin.
5. Immersion blend to combine. Strain through a fine mesh strainer. Chill the custard in an ice bath until it is at least room temperature.
6. Once the custard is chilled, gently fold the whipped cream into the custard in 3 stages using a spatula.
7. When the cream is all folded in, set the semifreddo in an unlined half sheet tray. Load pans lined with a parchment paper sling is also a great shape to set it in. Let the semifreddo freeze overnight.
8. Once frozen, cut into 7 cm squares if using a sheet tray. Use an offset spatula to remove the squares. If you're freezing in a loaf pan, use the paper sling to remove the semifreddo. Remove the paper. Slice into 1-2 cm pieces.
9. Keep your plates frozen. This will help keep the semifreddo from melting.
10. Whip 2 cups heavy whipping cream with a splash of vanilla bean paste or a scraped vanilla bean.
11. Cut 1 cup strawberries into quarters. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 3 dashes of angostura bitters. Stir, let sit for 1 hour at room temperature to allow the berries to macerate. Best served room temperature the day they are made.
12. Serve the semifreddo individually or family-style, with a dollop of whipped cream and a hefty spoonful of macerated strawberries.