Chocolate Peanut Butter Elvis Empanada
By: Brix Catering
- 1 jar RX Nut Butter Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 6 bananas, peeled
- 1 bag milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- Puff Pastry dough
- Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup RX Nut Butter Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 .5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pinches of salt
- In a large bowl mash the peeled bananas until you have a semi-smooth consistency.
- Add RX Nut Butter and continue to blend the mixture until the peanut butter is fully incorporated. Add Cocoa powder and milk chocolate morsels and fold together.
- Once all ingredients are fully incorporated, allow the filling to rest in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 1 hour if making day of).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface lay out puff pastry sheets and allow to come to room temperature. Once the dough is tempered use a 3 in circle cutter to punch out empanada circles
- Lay all of your circles out on a lightly floured surface and using a standard egg wash, lightly brush 1 half of the circle cut dough on the outer edge where you’ll seal one side to the other.
- Place 1 1/2 tbsp. of the filling on each circle and fold the dough in half over the filling. Press lightly to seal the dough into a pouch.
- One at a time take each pouch in one hand with the flat side closest to your palm. Using your other hand, starting at one side, make one small fold toward the center pressing lightly. Repeat this step around the half-circle until the entire pouch has a series of folds that make the perfect empanada after baking.
- On a non-stick sheet tray place each empanada with space in between and brush lightly with standard egg wash. Bake for 10-12 minutes (depending on oven) or until golden brown
2. Chocolate Sauce:
- Whisk together cocoa powder, RX Chocolate Peanut Butter and sugar until smooth.
- Transfer to a sauté pan add the salt and water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Allow to simmer for 1 minute and add vanilla.
- Transfer to temperature safe container and let cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Use sauce to drizzle over empanadas before serving.