Chocolate Covered Raspberry Vanilla Almond Butter Pie
- Pie Crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup pretzels
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pie Filling:
- 3/4 cup RX Nut Butter Vanilla Almond Butter
- 6 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- Ganache & Topping:
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 oz. heavy cream
- 1 oz. corn syrup (optional)
- 1 pint of raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place pretzels in a large ziploc bag. Using a rolling pin, place the bag on a hard surface and crush the pretzels until the contents are mostly powder. Note that it is okay (and preferred) to have a few smaller yet visible pretzel pieces remaining as it will add to the crust's overall texture.
3. Place graham cracker crumbs, crushed pretzels, butter, and sugar in a bowl. Combine with hands until mixed.
4. In a 9" pie pan, press mixture into the bottom and sides of pan, maintaining an even thickness throughout. Use a spatula or a measuring cup to flatten any inconsistencies.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
6. While the crust is cooling, place RX Vanilla Almond Butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat on medium-high speed until fully mixed.
7. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream with a whisk until it forms peaks (about 4-5 minutes).
8. Fold the whipped cream into the RX almond butter mixture using a spatula until combined to form your pie filling. Pour into cooled crust and smooth out with a spatula.
9. Place raspberry preserves in a saucepan on medium-low heat for about 2 minutes, constantly stirring. Take off the stove once the preserves form a more consistent liquid.
10. Pour preserves on top of the pie filling, leaving a ring of filling visible at the edges.
11. Place pie in the freezer to cool for 15-20 minutes while you make your ganache.
12. For the ganache, place heavy cream and corn syrup (optional, for extra shine) in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and add chocolate. Stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add vanilla.
13. Pour over raspberry preserves, leaving a ring of filling and preserves visible at the edges.
14. For decoration, place raspberries on top of the pie, starting at the middle and working your way towards the edge until ganache is almost completely covered.
15. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour until ready to serve.